Do I have to be a Christian to attend?
- No. We welcome all people of all backgrounds. Ask us questions. Get plugged. Explore faith.
Why is InterVarsity named “InterVarsity?”
- No it’s not just for athletes, as some would guess, because of the “varsity” part. Intervarsity started in England and made it’s way to the states. But while it began in England, colleges were called “varsities” – and since varsities (colleges) joined each other (inter) in exploring Jesus and faith, thus the name InterVarsity.
What is “large group”…”Fuel?”
- Fuel is the name of large group. It’s where Intervarsity meets on a weekly basis with students from all over the campus. It’s about an hour and a half. A great place to get a quick look at Intervarsity. Great speakers. Loud music. Great community.
What is “Praise and Worship”?
- It’s a time to get your focus on God through song and prayer.
- Why do they put their hands up as the band plays awesomely?
- It’s an expression of surrender. Giving all your emotions, worries, burdens to God.
- What can I expect from attending a Community Group?
- Get connected with others who are exploring Jesus through studying the bible, discuss — it’s a safe place to check out faith and ask questions.